- Commerce Components by Shopify is the modern, composable stack for enterprise retail where retailers can take components of Shopify to integrate with their own systems
- For the first time, we’re giving the world’s largest retailers access to Shopify’s component infrastructure that has powered over a half trillion dollars in global commerce, offering flexibility at scale
- Mattel will bring its entire portfolio of brands to Shopify using Commerce Components
Shopify is built on components that form the world's most powerful retail platform. We've spent nearly two decades building, optimizing, and scaling that infrastructure, which today powers over 10% of US ecommerce and has processed over half a trillion dollars—all while giving millions of businesses full control of their brand identity, customer relationships, and data. Now, we’re opening that infrastructure to power the biggest retailers in the world with Commerce Components by Shopify (CCS), the modern, composable stack for enterprise retail.
For enterprise retailers today, challenges like the rapid pace of tech evolution and shifting customer expectations mean they must achieve real-time innovation just to remain competitive. To do that, they need a commerce solution that prioritizes choice, with the flexibility to integrate and innovate without restrictions, while offering trusted infrastructure components that help their teams move faster. These elements together are non-negotiable, and have never existed in one offering for enterprise—until now.
Commerce Components by Shopify combines the best of both worlds for enterprise retailers: access to Shopify’s foundational, high-performing components that just work—like our checkout, which converts 72% better than a typical checkout, and 91% better on mobile—plus flexible APIs to build dynamic customer experiences that integrate seamlessly with a retailer’s preferred back office services.
“We’ve always approached innovation at Shopify by anticipating what retailers need, then providing those solutions,” said Harley Finkelstein, President of Shopify. “Commerce Components by Shopify opens our infrastructure so enterprise retailers don’t have to waste time, engineering power, and money building critical foundations Shopify has already perfected, and instead frees them up to customize, differentiate, and scale.”
Iconic American brand Mattel will be one of the first enterprise retailers to use Commerce Components, bringing their entire portfolio of brands to Shopify.
“Innovation is at the heart of Mattel,” said Sven Gerjets, CTO of Mattel. “We first worked with Shopify on a project called Mattel Creations, a platform for creators to reimagine the most iconic toys in the world. Creations empowered Mattel to move quickly, meet our customers where they are, and most importantly leverage Shopify’s infrastructure to scale globally. It was hugely successful, and we’re excited to transform our brand offerings using Commerce Components.”
Featuring an all-new back-office management designed specifically for enterprise, Commerce Components by Shopify gives retailers the speed and flexibility needed to build for the future.
Build with choice
- Flexible APIs, now with no rate limits, allow brands to integrate their existing services with Shopify’s modular components and build unparalleled customer experiences for any device. Enterprise retailers can take the components they need, and leave what they don’t, and developers are free to build with any front-end framework they choose.
Tap into unmatched global scale
- Trusted commerce foundations, like the world’s best-converting checkout, with 99.99% uptime, processing up to 40,000 checkouts per minute per store, and unlocking over 100 million existing Shop Pay customers, who have opted in for Shopify’s one-click checkout.
- Shopify’s globally scaled infrastructure with over 275 network edge points of presence enables lightning-fast storefronts no matter where customers are in the world.
Partner with a world-class ecosystem
- The largest commerce ecosystem in the world, including a dedicated account team with solutions architects, priority 24/7/365 specialized support, and a network of seasoned agency partners and system integrators like Deloitte, EY, and KPMG.
View a full list of the components in Commerce Components by Shopify here.
“We know that retailers have a myriad of opportunities in the digital and data age, whether it’s the shifting digital advertising landscape or showing up for their customers in a differentiated way during a looming recession,” said Sam Roddick, Global Deloitte Digital Leader. “In challenging times, we have seen best-in-class alliances between our clients and their platform partners unlock these opportunities. That’s why we’re thrilled to work with Shopify to bring Commerce Components by Shopify to enterprise retailers globally. Shopify is an industry leader in commerce, and we believe Commerce Components will be the advantage in helping propel the world’s largest retailers into the next era of commerce.”
Existing enterprise retailers on Shopify include Glossier, JB Hi-Fi, Coty, Steve Madden, Spanx, and Staples. Commerce Components by Shopify pricing is designed for enterprise. It's simple to understand, based on usage, and provides predictability. Learn more about Commerce Components by Shopify here.